- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Wisconsin RB Clay will enter NFL draft
MADISON, WIS. (AP) - Wisconsin running back John Clay will skip his final year of eligibility and enter the NFL draft.
Clay had 1,012 yards rushing and 14 touchdowns this season, but saw his workload decrease because of injury and the emergence of fellow running backs James White and Montee Ball.
"This is the right decision for me at this time and I'm excited to start a new chapter," Clay said in a statement Friday.
Clay finishes his Badgers career seventh in school history with 3,413 career yards rushing and fifth with 41 career touchdowns.
"There are a lot of people that I would like to thank who have helped me along the way," Clay said. "I'd like to thank the great Wisconsin fans for supporting me throughout my time as a Badger. I'd also like to thank my family for helping me through this process."
Coach Bret Bielema wished Clay the best.
"Since coming to Wisconsin, John has gone above and beyond all of our expectations both on and off the field," Bielema said. "His tremendous production on the field speaks for itself, but we are also proud of him as a teammate and the work he has done in the classroom and off the field. We support his decision and wish him luck."
Badgers defensive end J.J. Watt also declared for the draft this week. The Badgers ended the season 11-2 following a 21-19 loss to TCU.
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Elderly Chicago man robs bank to go 'home' to prison; judge fulfills his desire
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.