- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Penguins sign forwards Sullivan, Kennedy
Sullivan, 36, is a 15-year veteran who had 10 goals and 22 points for Nashville last season. He spent six seasons with the Predators, and has 682 career points. He signed a one-year contract, worth $1.5 million.
Kennedy, 24, had 21 goals and 45 points in 80 games last season with Pittsburgh. In 266 career NHL games, Kennedy, 5-foot-11 and 183 pounds, has 59 goals and 124 points. He signed a two-year contract worth $4 million.
The announcements came soon after Pittsburgh formally withdrew their one-year contract offer to free-agent forward Jaromir Jagr. A 1990 first-round draft pick of the Penguins, Jagr signed a one-year deal, worth $3.3 million, in Philadelphia.
Sullivan had two goals and three points as the Predators advanced to the second round of the Western Conference playoffs for the first time this season. A native of Timmins, Ontario, Sullivan has appeared in 890 games with the Devils, Maple Leafs, Blackhawks and Predators. He has 266 career goals.
Sullivan missed the entire 2007-08 season with a back injury, before returning on Jan. 10, 2009. Sullivan finished that season with 11 goals and 32 points in 41 games, winning the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy for his perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to the game.
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Doctors say profound new HIV treatment may prove the cure
- Xbox One, Playstation 4 games penalize users for cursing in their own homes
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
- First Dog Sunny knocks down Ashtyn Gardner; Michelle Obama yanks leash
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Playing Through covers the world of PGA golf, as well as tips your the average golfer to play better.