- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
Halladay and Weaver to start in All-Star game
Question of the Day
The NL batting order has Milwaukee’s Rickie Weeks leading off and playing second base, followed by designated hitter Carlos Beltran of the Mets, Dodgers center fielder Matt Kemp, Milwaukee first baseman Prince Fielder, Atlanta catcher Brian McCann, St. Louis right fielder Lance Berkman, Cardinals left fielder Matt Holliday, Colorado shortstop Troy Tulowitzki and Cincinnati third baseman Scott Rolen.
The AL has Yankees center fielder Curtis Granderson leading off, followed by Cleveland shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera, Boston first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, Toronto right fielder Jose Bautista, Texas left fielder Josh Hamilton, Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre, Boston designated hitter David Ortiz, Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano and Detroit catcher Alex Avila.
Halladay, 11-3 with a 2.45 ERA, started the 2009 All-Star game while with the Toronto Blue Jays and will be the fourth pitcher to make an All-Star start for both leagues, following Vida Blue, Roger Clemens and Randy Johnson. Halladay is the first Philadelphia pitcher to start since Curt Schilling in 1999.
Weaver, 11-4 with a 1.86 ERA, is the fifth Angels pitcher to start, following Ken McBride (1963), Dean Chance (1964), Nolan Ryan (1979) and Mark Langston (1993).
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener