- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
Cop: ‘Melrose’ actress giggled after fatal crash
MONTGOMERY TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - A police officer says an actress who had appeared in the “Melrose Place” television series was giggling and laughing after a motor vehicle crash that killed a New Jersey woman.
The officer says Amy Locane-Bovenizer said police and emergency personnel were “being overly dramatic.”
The Courier News of Bridgewater reports Montgomery Police Officer William Wilkes testified Monday during a hearing to determine whether statements the actress made to police after the June 2010 crash will be admissible at her trial.
Locane-Bovenizer is charged with aggravated manslaughter stemming from the death of 60-year-old Helene Seeman.
Prosecutors allege the 39-year-old actress, who lives in Hopewell, was drunk and speeding when her SUV struck a vehicle driven by Seeman’s husband.
The court hearing will continue Tuesday with cross-examination.
Information from: Courier News, http://www.mycentraljersey.com
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Man with stolen passport on missing jet is asylum seeker
- Al Qaeda to launch English-language Web magazine 'Resurgence'
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again