- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
Tuning In to TV
The Associated Press reports that they have been picked to host the Country Music Association Awards for a fourth straight year. The 45th annual awards will be aired live Nov. 9 from Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena on ABC.
As Mr. Paisley noted in a news release announcing their return, they have achieved a comic chemistry over the years with Miss Underwood’s class balancing “my non-class act. I’ll try my best to not mess it up.”
Glenn Beck will move to the Lone Star State
Former Fox News Channel personality Glenn Beck is bound for Texas, according to the Associated Press.
Mr. Beck said Monday that he is relocating his family to Dallas, where his media company is building a television and radio studio.
He is starting an online network, GBTV, on which he will beam a two-hour program each evening starting in late summer. He is continuing his syndicated radio show.
Mr. Beck doubled the ratings at his time slot almost immediately after joining Fox in January 2009. But critics persuaded advertisers to boycott his show last summer after he said President Obama had “a deep-seated hatred for white people.” His last show was in June.
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Sen. Rand Paul: Supreme Court needs to re-examine Fourth Amendment
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Sen. Richard Durbin: No line in the sand on unemployment benefits
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!