- Ben Sasse scores Sen. Ted Cruz’s endorsement for Nebraska Senate primary
- Beer-flavored lollipops make debut: ‘An All-American slam-dunk’
- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
A’s LHP Anderson has elbow surgery, out for season
OAKLAND, CALIF. (AP) - The Oakland Athletics say left-handed pitcher Brett Anderson will miss the rest of the season after having reconstructive surgery on his elbow.
The A's said Anderson had surgery Thursday. Dr. James Andrews performed the operation to rebuild the ulnar collateral ligament.
Anderson was 3-6 with a 4.00 ERA in 13 starts this season. He went on the 15-day disabled list on June 7 because of elbow soreness.
The 23-year-old pitcher originally had a platelet rich plasma injection in his elbow and was going to see whether rehabilitation could help him. After an evaluation period, it was decided that Anderson needed surgery.
Anderson was 7-6 with a 2.80 ERA in 19 starts last year.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- HURT: President Obama's 'Selfie Doctrine'
- SOWELL: The high cost of liberalism, open spaces and affordable housing
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 'I'm not running for president'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.