- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
List of Emmy Award nominations in major categories
Question of the Day
Supporting Actress, Miniseries or Movie: Maggie Smith, “Downton Abbey (Masterpiece),” PBS; Evan Rachel Wood, “Mildred Pierce,” HBO; Melissa Leo, “Mildred Pierce,” HBO; Mare Winningham, “Mildred Pierce,” HBO; Eileen Atkins, “Upstairs Downstairs (Masterpiece),” PBS.
Reality Program: “Antiques Roadshow,” PBS; “Deadliest Catch,” Discovery Channel; “Hoarders,” A&E; “Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List,” Bravo; “MythBusters,” Discovery Channel; “Undercover Boss,” CBS.
Reality-Competition Program: “The Amazing Race,” CBS; “American Idol,” Fox; “Dancing With the Stars,” ABC; “Project Runway,” Lifetime; “So You Think You Can Dance,” Fox; “Top Chef,” Bravo.
Variety, Music or Comedy Series: “The Colbert Report,” Comedy Central; “Conan,” TBS; “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart,” Comedy Central; “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon,” NBC; “Real Time With Bill Maher,” HBO; “Saturday Night Live,” NBC.
Children’s Program: “A Child’s Garden of Poetry,” HBO; “Degrassi, My Body Is a Cage, Part 2,” TeenNick; “iCarly, iGot a Hot Room,” Nickelodeon; “Victorious, Freak The Freak Out,” Nickelodeon; “Wizards of Waverly Place, Wizards Vs. Angels,” Disney Channel.
Full list is available at http://www.emmys.com
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq