- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
List of Emmy Award nominations in major categories
Question of the Day
Supporting Actress, Miniseries or Movie: Maggie Smith, “Downton Abbey (Masterpiece),” PBS; Evan Rachel Wood, “Mildred Pierce,” HBO; Melissa Leo, “Mildred Pierce,” HBO; Mare Winningham, “Mildred Pierce,” HBO; Eileen Atkins, “Upstairs Downstairs (Masterpiece),” PBS.
Reality Program: “Antiques Roadshow,” PBS; “Deadliest Catch,” Discovery Channel; “Hoarders,” A&E; “Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List,” Bravo; “MythBusters,” Discovery Channel; “Undercover Boss,” CBS.
Reality-Competition Program: “The Amazing Race,” CBS; “American Idol,” Fox; “Dancing With the Stars,” ABC; “Project Runway,” Lifetime; “So You Think You Can Dance,” Fox; “Top Chef,” Bravo.
Variety, Music or Comedy Series: “The Colbert Report,” Comedy Central; “Conan,” TBS; “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart,” Comedy Central; “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon,” NBC; “Real Time With Bill Maher,” HBO; “Saturday Night Live,” NBC.
Children’s Program: “A Child’s Garden of Poetry,” HBO; “Degrassi, My Body Is a Cage, Part 2,” TeenNick; “iCarly, iGot a Hot Room,” Nickelodeon; “Victorious, Freak The Freak Out,” Nickelodeon; “Wizards of Waverly Place, Wizards Vs. Angels,” Disney Channel.
Full list is available at http://www.emmys.com
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Nathan Walker's NHL dreams send him around the world
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Trial: dengue shot offers some protection
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- Israel rejects talk of cease-fire; Hamas targets suspected nuke site
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener