- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
List of Emmy Award nominations in major categories
Question of the Day
Supporting Actress, Miniseries or Movie: Maggie Smith, “Downton Abbey (Masterpiece),” PBS; Evan Rachel Wood, “Mildred Pierce,” HBO; Melissa Leo, “Mildred Pierce,” HBO; Mare Winningham, “Mildred Pierce,” HBO; Eileen Atkins, “Upstairs Downstairs (Masterpiece),” PBS.
Reality Program: “Antiques Roadshow,” PBS; “Deadliest Catch,” Discovery Channel; “Hoarders,” A&E; “Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List,” Bravo; “MythBusters,” Discovery Channel; “Undercover Boss,” CBS.
Reality-Competition Program: “The Amazing Race,” CBS; “American Idol,” Fox; “Dancing With the Stars,” ABC; “Project Runway,” Lifetime; “So You Think You Can Dance,” Fox; “Top Chef,” Bravo.
Variety, Music or Comedy Series: “The Colbert Report,” Comedy Central; “Conan,” TBS; “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart,” Comedy Central; “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon,” NBC; “Real Time With Bill Maher,” HBO; “Saturday Night Live,” NBC.
Children’s Program: “A Child’s Garden of Poetry,” HBO; “Degrassi, My Body Is a Cage, Part 2,” TeenNick; “iCarly, iGot a Hot Room,” Nickelodeon; “Victorious, Freak The Freak Out,” Nickelodeon; “Wizards of Waverly Place, Wizards Vs. Angels,” Disney Channel.
Full list is available at http://www.emmys.com
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Sen. Max Baucus: Obamas choice for China ambassador
- Obama's own panel rips NSA spying on phone calls of Americans
- President gets budget win -- but only by staying out of negotiations
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Right-brain investing in a left-brain world. You can do it. I can help.
News and views on the Civil War.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow