- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
Taurasi, Bird, Catchings voted All-Star starters
Catchings, who led all players with 32,706 votes, was joined by Fever teammate Katie Douglas, Atlanta’s Angel McCoughtry, Connecticut’s Tina Charles and New York’s Cappie Pondexter as Eastern Conference starters announced Thursday night.
The All-Star game is July 23 in San Antonio.
“Any time the fans take the effort to reach out to show that they want to see you play and appreciate your game, it always feels great,” Moore said. “Especially being a rookie and new to the league.”
There was no game in 2008, when Parker was the league MVP and Rookie of the Year. The U.S. national team played a team of remaining All-Stars in 2004 _ when Taurasi went on to earn Rookie of the Year honors _ and last season, when Charles won the award.
Catchings (2002-03, ‘05-07, ‘09, ‘11), Bird (‘02-03, ‘05-07, ‘09, 11) and Taurasi (‘05-07, ‘09, ‘11) have been selected as starters in every All-Star game that has taken place since they have been in the league.
All-Star reserves will be announced on Tuesday.
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Border Patrol policy still permits agents to shoot at rock-throwers
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again