- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
`Cash Cab’ hits, kills Vancouver pedestrian
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA (AP) - A pedestrian has died in Vancouver after being hit by a fake taxi that had just completed filming a segment for the cable TV game show “Cash Cab.”
Vancouver Police said the 61-year-old man died in a hospital shortly after being struck by the replica yellow cab late Friday night. Police did not immediately release the victim’s identity.
Andrew Burnstein, president of the show’s production company, says the accident happened as a producer was driving the mock cab back to a storage facility after filming a segment for the Canadian version of the game show.
On “Cash Cab,” broadcast in North America on the Discovery Channel, unsuspecting people who flag down the replica yellow taxi become instant contestants on a game show, answering trivia questions for cash prizes.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- U.S. tasks Navy destroyer to Black Sea amid Ukraine tensions
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again