- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
LISTENING STATION (Music reviews): ‘Stranger Me’ (Amy LaVere); ‘Join Us’ (They Might Be Giants)
Up All Night (single)
Also toeing the line between youth and adulthood are the 30-something musicians from Blink-182, who’ve reunited after a half-decade break. The former kings of late ‘90s pop-punk will release a new album, “Neighborhoods,” this fall. In the meantime, fans can get a taste of what’s to come by downloading “Up All Night,” the album’s lead single.
With its stadium-sized guitar riffs and atmospheric keyboards, “Up All Night” owes a lot to Angels & Airwaves, the anthemic side project that guitarist/vocalist Tom DeLonge launched during the early days of Blink-182’s hiatus. The song doesn’t swing for the fences as overzealously as that band did, though, and it connects with more force.
But after such a long absence, are the old fans still listening?
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- U.S.: Malaysia plane's on-board communications purposely shut down
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- EDITORIAL: Lois Lerner's dilemma
- PRUDEN: Sink sank own campaign in Florida special election
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again