- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Man fatally shot near D.C. Metro station
Question of the Day
A man was fatally shot a few blocks north of the Georgia Avenue-Petworth Metro Station in Northwest D.C. early Tuesday, police said.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police Department's Fourth District responded to a call for a man down and a possible shooting in the 900 block of Randolph Street close to 3 a.m. Tuesday, said the district's commander, Kimberly Chisley-Missouri, in an email to residents.
Police found a man suffering from a fatal gunshot wound. He was identified Tuesday afternoon as David Eduardo Gonzalez, 23, of Northwest.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- D.C. Council to vote on Gray's budget veto
- Legal counsel reaches deal to testify against top administrative judge in D.C. ethics hearing
- Crime hits close to home for D.C. mayoral candidate
- No charges for Secret Service, Capitol Police in shooting of motorist
- D.C. 911 center reports dropped calls, long waits during power outage
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- 'Be a leader' Perry tells Obama to confront border crisis
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs