- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Murdoch’s wife Wendi steals the spotlight
Question of the Day
Video of 42-year-old Deng jumping forward to smack a protester with a pie aimed at Murdoch’s face quickly went viral, and numerous fan pages quickly popped up on social networking sites such as Facebook praising her quick rapid reflexes.
For the better part of the hearing, Deng _ Murdoch’s third wife _ sat behind her husband and stepson, James, as they answered questions from British lawmakers. When a protester approached Rupert Murdoch, 80, with a foam pie he’d managed to smuggle in, one of Murdoch’s lawyers _ Janet Nova _ quickly stepped in.
But it was the image of the long and lean Deng _ clad in a prim pink blazer and polka dot pencil skirt _ leaping forward to swat, open-palmed, at the man trying to attack her husband that stunned millions of TV viewers and presenters watching the events unfold live.
For what could be the first time, Deng’s celebrity briefly eclipsed that of her husband. Within minutes of the attack, social media were abuzz with praise of Deng’s heroic leap in defense of her husband.
Since then she has largely played the role of devoted spouse but is also the co-founder and co-CEO of the film production company Big Feet Productions.
She has two daughters with Murdoch _ Grace, who was born in 2001 and Chloe who was born in 2003.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow