- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Congress’ spending spree is almost over
What we’re seeing with President Obama’s declaration that Social Security payments may not go out in August is the final act in the Ponzi scheme known as FICA (“Obama: Without deal, no guarantee of Social Security checks Aug. 3,” Web, July 12).
Ponzi schemes always end this way. Taxpayers paid their payroll deductions in cash to the federal government, yet the federal government now claims that the $2 trillion-plus in the Social Security Trust Fund is not in cash and they don’t actually have that money on hand. This should be the beginning of the death throes of socialism, American style.
Mr. Obama and his administration are now desperate to continue the progressive huckstering that has been going on for a hundred years. The righteous stand the GOP has finally taken in saying no is proof that Mr. Obama and his political fortunes are also coming to an end. Thank goodness - no more looting the U.S. Treasury.
Virginia Beach, Va.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
- Georgia's new carry law a big win for gun rights
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear