- Associated Press - Wednesday, July 20, 2011

LONDON (AP) — A British judge on Wednesday awarded “Notting Hill” actor Hugh Grant the right to see evidence that could reveal whether his voice mails were intercepted by journalists at the now-defunct News of the World.

A judge at Britain’s High Court said police should disclose information to Mr. Grant that allegedly was gathered by private investigator Glenn Mulcaire and used by the Sunday tabloid and other newspapers.

Mr. Grant, who says he was told his phone was broken into by the News of the World, has been one of the most prominent celebrity critics of the 168-year-old tabloid, which was shut down earlier this month amid a widening scandal over its misdeeds.

Socialite Jemima Khan also was given the right to see the phone-hacking evidence.

Police declined comment Wednesday.

Copyright © 2016 The Washington Times, LLC.

blog comments powered by Disqus

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide