- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
Ohioans to vote on collective bargaining law
Liberal groups force referendum
Question of the Day
“Ohio voters now have a choice to make,” Mr. Mauk said in a statement. “We can keep the unfair, unsustainable policies that are bankrupting our communities, or we can change direction and give them the tools they need to create jobs and get spending under control.”
The referendum’s clearance for the ballot came as the head of the AFL-CIO met in Columbus with community organizations, religious groups and representatives from the Ohio Conference of the NAACP.
AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka would not say how much money the nation’s largest labor federation planned to spend in the ballot effort, only that the organization planned to devote resources and people to help repeal the law.
“And we think that the people in Ohio and the people in America think that people like Gov. Kasich are going in the wrong direction — that he overreached, that he used a tough budget time to try to scapegoat public employees and try to destroy a ladder into the middle class,” he said.
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi denied freedom by Mexican judge
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener