- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Freak lightning storm kills 1, injures 7 on California beach
- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
Singer R. Kelly out of hospital after surgery
Question of the Day
CHICAGO (AP) - A spokesman for R. Kelly says the R&B singer is out of the hospital following throat surgery this week.
Spokesman Allan Mayer said Thursday that the 44-year-old left Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago and is recuperating at his home in the city.
Mayer says it isn’t clear when the Chicago native might be well enough to resume performing.
The Grammy-winning singer had complained of throat pain and was taken to the hospital on Tuesday. The same day, surgeons drained an abscess on one of his tonsils.
The self-proclaimed Pied Piper of R&B released a critically acclaimed retro-soul album last year, titled “Love Letter.” He recently completed the U.S. leg of a worldwide tour.
Kelly won a Grammy in 1997 for his gospel-tinged “I Believe I Can Fly.”
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's trial to test definitions of political corruption
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq