- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Police arrest teen in D.C. homicide
Metropolitan police on Friday announced the arrest of a teenager in the fatal shooting of a 71-year-old Southeast man last month.
Stephen Bernard Page Jr., 18, of Northwest was taken into custody Thursday afternoon and charged with first-degree felony murder while armed.
Officers found Solomon Reese suffering from multiple gunshot wounds after responding at about 9:31 p.m. June 27 to the 2300 block of Good Hope Road in Southeast for reports of trouble.
The arrest Thursday was the second in the case. Police made an initial arrest on July 14.
The Washington Post reported that the man arrested was James Brewer, 24, of Southeast, and that he fled from D.C. Superior Court. The newspaper said Mr. Brewer walked out of the courthouse after switching identification bracelets with a suspect in a less serious offense.
Mr. Brewer turned himself in on July 16.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Matthew Cella is The Washington Times’ Metro editor. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Federal govt. expansion helped D.C. prosper through recession: CFO
- Rasmussen poll gives McAuliffe a 17-point lead over Cuccinelli
- Maryland lawyers argue new gun laws won't cause 'irreparable harm'
- 19-year-old woman charged in killing of Woodbridge high school student
- Mei Xiang gives birth to baby panda at National Zoo; second cub was stillborn
Latest Blog Entries
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Obama pleads for peace in strife-torn Central African Republic
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow