- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Patrick Stewart gets birthday tune at Comic-Con
SAN DIEGO (AP) - Comic-Con fans have boldly gone into singing mode to wish Patrick Stewart a happy birthday.
A hall filled with about 6,000 people at the fan convention Saturday sang “Happy Birthday” to Stewart during a preview panel for the animated musical “Dorothy of Oz.”
Stewart provides the voice of a wizened 900-year-old tree in the movie, though in real life, he turned 71 on July 13.
Voice co-star Megan Hilty, a Broadway singer whose credits include the Oz musical “Wicked,” led the crowd in the song for Stewart, an idol among Comic-Con fans for his roles in “Star Trek” and “X-Men.”
Due in theaters next summer, “Dorothy of Oz” features “Glee” star Lea Michele providing the voice of the Kansas girl who journeys to a colorful fantasy world.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.