- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Daily Caller: Sarah Palin documentary getting pay-per-view release
Question of the Day
Sarah Palin documentary getting pay-per-view release
Victory Film Group, the company behind the Sarah Palin documentary “The Undefeated,” announced it will release the controversy-sparking film to video-on-demand and pay-per-view services Sept. 1 to reach a wider audience.
The documentary has grossed $101,000 in its two weekends of screening, according to boxofficemojo.com. It has been shown in 14 theaters nationwide.
Trevor Drinkwater, ARC Entertainment CEO and the movie’s distributor, said in a Sunday news release that he has been “inundated with requests” from people wanting to see the film in their markets. The film will continue to be released on a limited theatrical distribution, he added.
“The Undefeated” filmmaker Stephen K. Bannon said, “Given the strong audience reaction, we have determined there is overwhelming demand for us to get this film out broadly enough to cover the entire nation in September and October.”
Wal-Mart will exclusively carry a special-edition DVD of the film containing new scenes. It’s slated for an Oct. 4 release, with the initial shipment containing roughly 250,000 units. A multimillion-dollar ad campaign will accompany the DVD and cable releases.
Perry premiere outfit is ‘Smurf-tastic’
Ultimate California girl Katy Perry, who plays Smurfette in “The Smurfs,” arrived at the movie’s Sunday premiere in New York City in a white dress with a sequined Smurfette plastered on the front.
According to Us Weekly, the “Firework” performer also decorated her fingernails with the film’s cartoon characters. And Miss Perry wasn’t without her bling. The 26-year-old Southern Californian flaunted a diamond cuff bracelet and blue Christian Louboutin heels.
In addition to her feisty song lyrics, Miss Perry is known for her tight-fitting wardrobe and enviable hourglass figure. Earlier this year, the Santa Barbara native donned a low-cut purple dress at a promotional event for her perfume - which received less coverage than her attire. For her “California Gurls” video, the pop star sported a purple wig - and her birthday suit.
Winehouse’s ex-husband ‘shattered’ by her death
Amy Winehouse’s ex-husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, knows something about love and loss.
Doing time for burglary and a firearm offense, Fielder-Civil told the tabloid of Winehouse, “I will never ever again feel the love I felt for her. Everybody who knew me and knew Amy knew the depth of our love. I can’t believe she’s dead.”
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- KUHNER: Who betrayed Navy SEAL Team 6?
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!