- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
QB at head of Cardinals’ list; camp starts Friday
Fifteen Cardinals from last season are unrestricted free agents, including starting guard Deuce Lutui and starting center Lyle Sendlein. With the retirement of guard Alan Faneca, that means a possible turnover of the entire interior of the offensive line.
The team is unlikely to want the aging Joey Porter back at outside linebacker. Nose tackles Bryan Robinson and Gabe Watson are unrestricted free agents, as is defensive end Alan Branch.
Wide receiver Steve Breaston, a standout in the team’s previous season, was bothered by a knee injury in a subpar 2009-10. He also is a free agent.
If the Cardinals say goodbye to Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Greg Toler is the heir apparent with first-round pick Patrick Peterson expected to immediately make an impact at the other corner position. Arizona could be free agent shopping for a cornerback, too.
Free agency, Fitzgerald said, “is going to be like nothing we’ve ever seen before.”
And that first preseason game is just around the corner.
“I don’t think the product will be as good early,” Fitzgerald said, “especially if we have to play a preseason game as it’s scheduled on a week’s practice. That’s going to be tough.”
AP Sports Writer Jon Krawczynski contributed to this report.
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again