- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Clippers’ Germano throws perfect game at Syracuse
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - Justin Germano threw a perfect game for the Columbus Clippers in a 3-0 win over the Syracuse Chiefs on Tuesday night.
Germano, who has shuffled between the rotation and bullpen, got the International League's first nine-inning perfect game since 2003. The right-hander's curve dominated from the first inning in his fifth start of the season and he finished with seven strikeouts.
He told Syracuse.com that he made a recent grip adjustment that boosted its speed from 68-70 mph into the upper 70s range. At the end of the game, his teammates doused him in shaving cream and beer.
Germano has appeared in 79 major league games for San Diego, Cincinnati and Cleveland _ including nine for the Indians this year.
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Warren Buffett's son to spend $23.7 million in effort to save South African rhinos
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- PRUDEN: Sink sank own campaign in Florida special election
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again