- New Mexico decides to use HealthCare.gov for 2015
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- HHS: ‘Donut hole’ reforms saved Medicare enrollees $11.5 billion since 2010
- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
AP Source: Dolphins trade for Reggie Bush
Question of the Day
The same probe led the Bowl Championship Series to vacate the Trojans’ 2004 BCS national title.
Soon after the Saints made a trade for a second first-round pick in April’s NFL draft to take Alabama Heisman winner Mark Ingram, Bush wrote: “It’s been fun New Orleans,” on his Twitter site. Bush later said he regretted that comment and hoped to find a way to stay with New Orleans.
Saints coach Sean Payton had consistently said there remained a place in his wide-open offense for Bush. But after a salary cap of around $120 million was included in Monday’s labor agreement that ended the lockout, it became apparent New Orleans would have trouble paying Bush what he wanted while addressing other needs.
Before the lockout, the Saints re-signed running back Pierre Thomas to a four-year, $12 million extension. New Orleans also is high on Chris Ivory, who made the squad as an undrafted rookie last season. He filled in while both Bush and Thomas were hurt, and wound up leading the club in yards rushing with 716 yards and TDs rushing with five. It all made for a crowded backfield.
In his five-year pro career, Bush has rushed 524 times for 2,090 yards _ an average of 4.0 yards per carry _ and 17 touchdowns. He also has 294 receptions for 2,142 yards and 12 TDs. He also has four career TDs on punt returns.
AP Sports Writer Brett Martel in New Orleans contributed to this report.
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq