- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Country Hall of Fame kicks off expansion campaign
NASHVILLE, TENN. (AP) - The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is off to a fast start in its $75 million expansion campaign.
Officials said Thursday as they kicked off a public fundraising campaign that they’ve already received more than $56 million in commitments for an expansion that will more than double the size of the hall of fame. They announced plans to add more than 200,000 square feet of exhibit, classroom and archival space and an 800-seat theater.
When complete, the museum will be connected to the new Nashville convention center project across the street.
Alan Jackson and Ricky Skaggs helped kick off the campaign with music and Ford Motor Co. chairman Bill Ford and Nashville Mayor Karl Dean made appearances. Officials also announced that hall of fame board chairman Steve Turner kicked off contributions with a $6.5 million gift.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- EDITORIAL: Harry Reid's corrupt Senate house of cards
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again