- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
Country Hall of Fame kicks off expansion campaign
Question of the Day
NASHVILLE, TENN. (AP) - The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is off to a fast start in its $75 million expansion campaign.
Officials said Thursday as they kicked off a public fundraising campaign that they’ve already received more than $56 million in commitments for an expansion that will more than double the size of the hall of fame. They announced plans to add more than 200,000 square feet of exhibit, classroom and archival space and an 800-seat theater.
When complete, the museum will be connected to the new Nashville convention center project across the street.
Alan Jackson and Ricky Skaggs helped kick off the campaign with music and Ford Motor Co. chairman Bill Ford and Nashville Mayor Karl Dean made appearances. Officials also announced that hall of fame board chairman Steve Turner kicked off contributions with a $6.5 million gift.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in defamation case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world