- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Former Eagles K Akers signs 3-year deal with 49ers
Question of the Day
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Five-time Pro Bowl kicker David Akers has agreed to a deal with the San Francisco 49ers, leaving the Eagles after 12 seasons.
The 49ers can’t announce the signing until Friday. Akers told The Associated Press it’s for three years.
Akers is coming off consecutive Pro Bowl seasons, and showed no signs of slowing down last year _ he set a career high with 23 touchbacks. But the Eagles drafted kicker Alex Henery in the fourth round, making Akers expendable.
Philadelphia had placed the transition tag on Akers before the NFL lockout, but that became invalid.
Akers has connected on 81.9 percent of his field goals and 98.7 percent of his extra points. He was cut by three different teams before signing with the Eagles in 1999.
Akers went on to set the franchise record for points, field goals, extra points, games played in the regular season and in the playoffs. He was selected to the NFL’s All-Decade team for the 2000s, and only Morten Andersen (seven) and Jan Stenerud (six) have made more Pro Bowls.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world