- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
Devils reach agreement with Parise on 1-year deal
Question of the Day
In making the announcement late Friday, Devils president and general manager Lou Lamoriello said the two sides were continuing to work toward a multiyear deal. The Devils had filed for arbitration with Parise in June. He would have become an unrestricted free agent in 2012 had he not reached a new deal.
Parise earned $5 million last season, a year in which he was limited to 13 games and three goals by a knee injury that required surgery. He had been the catalyst of the Devils‘ offense the previous four seasons, scoring 146 goals.
“Dave Barr has had a successful post-playing career for 16 years on many levels,” Lamoriello said. “We were fortunate to have him as a player in New Jersey for two years, and look forward to have him joining us as a member of our coaching staff.”
A native of Toronto, Barr played in 103 games for New Jersey from 1991-93. He had 12 goals, 32 points and 93 penalty minutes. Barr appeared in five games during the 1993 Patrick Division semifinals vs. Pittsburgh, and played in 71 career postseason games overall.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world