- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
Devils reach agreement with Parise on 1-year deal
In making the announcement late Friday, Devils president and general manager Lou Lamoriello said the two sides were continuing to work toward a multiyear deal. The Devils had filed for arbitration with Parise in June. He would have become an unrestricted free agent in 2012 had he not reached a new deal.
Parise earned $5 million last season, a year in which he was limited to 13 games and three goals by a knee injury that required surgery. He had been the catalyst of the Devils‘ offense the previous four seasons, scoring 146 goals.
“Dave Barr has had a successful post-playing career for 16 years on many levels,” Lamoriello said. “We were fortunate to have him as a player in New Jersey for two years, and look forward to have him joining us as a member of our coaching staff.”
A native of Toronto, Barr played in 103 games for New Jersey from 1991-93. He had 12 goals, 32 points and 93 penalty minutes. Barr appeared in five games during the 1993 Patrick Division semifinals vs. Pittsburgh, and played in 71 career postseason games overall.
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- Dick Cheney: Family feud over gay marriage has been 'dealt with'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
White House pets gone wild!