- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Ochocinco, Haynesworth to Pats; Bush, Kolb traded
_The Redskins added free-agent defensive end Stephen Bowen, whose agent announced the deal on Twitter. Bowen played five seasons with the Cowboys; he had 1 1/2 sacks in nine starts last year.
_Philadelphia put defensive end Brandon Graham (left knee) and offensive tackle Winston Justice (left knee) on the physically unable to perform list. Also, wide receiver Jeremy Maclin and cornerback Samuel were excused from training camp for personal reasons.
_Linebacker Justin Durant is leaving Jacksonville for Detroit; receiver Rashied Davis also agreed to join the Lions after six years in Chicago.
_New Orleans left tackle Jermon Bushrod agreed to a two-year deal to remain with the Saints. He’s been a key part of Drew Brees’ pass protection.
_Daryn Colledge, the starting left guard for the Super Bowl champion Packers, agreed to a five-year deal with Arizona. Colledge started 76 games over five seasons for Green Bay.
_Linebacker and special teams standout Matt McCoy is returning to Seattle after agreeing to a one-year deal.
AP Pro Football Writers Barry Wilner, Rob Maaddi and Arnie Stapleton, and AP Sports Writers Howard Ulman, Steven Wine, Chris Duncan and Brett Martel contributed to this report.
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- Inside China: Ukraine gets nuke umbrella
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- North Korean dictator stuns world with uncle's execution
- CHELLANEY: China's game of chicken
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Consummate traveler Todd DeFeo explores the unique stories that make destinations worth going to.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
Born in 1930 in rural Missouri, Charles Vandegriffe, Sr., brings his time and place to the Communities.
Columns from Voices around the World talking about the events, people, politics and social issues that concern us wherever, and whoever, we are.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow