- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Rangers get RHP Uehara from O’s for Hunter, Davis
Frank Francisco, who had been a setup reliever for the Rangers, was traded during the offseason to Toronto for Mike Napoli.
Hunter injured his groin on the same day he was named to the Texas rotation the last week of spring training and started the season on the disabled list. He returned July 1 as a reliever, and had a 2.93 ERA in 15 1-3 innings over eight appearances.
Texas got Hunter in as a supplemental pick after the first round of the 2007 draft. He was 13-4 with a 3.73 ERA in 23 games (22 starts) for Texas last season, and started Game 4 of the World Series.
Davis, a fifth-round pick in 2006, was hitting .250 with three home runs and six RBIs in 28 games over three stints this season for Texas. He hit 24 home runs in 48 games at Triple-A Round Rock.
Uehara struck out two batters in a scoreless eighth inning against the New York Yankees on Friday night. He didn’t pitch in the first game of day-night doubleheader Saturday.
AP Sports Writer Mike Fitzpatrick contributed to this report from New York.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
- Wasted: Tom Coburn's 'Wastebook targets 70 days in bed, Facebook
- Robert E. Lee and 'Stonewall' Jackson tributes face Army War College removal
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Zadzooks: The Joker sixth scale figure review (Sideshow Collectibles)
- House seeks Fast and Furious gun-walking documents
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Embassy Row: India strikes back over diplomat's arrest
- Domino's launches its first vegan pizza
- OBAMASCARE: Huge premium hikes rock employer-insured workers
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow