- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Rangers get RHP Uehara from O’s for Hunter, Davis
Frank Francisco, who had been a setup reliever for the Rangers, was traded during the offseason to Toronto for Mike Napoli.
Hunter injured his groin on the same day he was named to the Texas rotation the last week of spring training and started the season on the disabled list. He returned July 1 as a reliever, and had a 2.93 ERA in 15 1-3 innings over eight appearances.
Texas got Hunter in as a supplemental pick after the first round of the 2007 draft. He was 13-4 with a 3.73 ERA in 23 games (22 starts) for Texas last season, and started Game 4 of the World Series.
Davis, a fifth-round pick in 2006, was hitting .250 with three home runs and six RBIs in 28 games over three stints this season for Texas. He hit 24 home runs in 48 games at Triple-A Round Rock.
Uehara struck out two batters in a scoreless eighth inning against the New York Yankees on Friday night. He didn’t pitch in the first game of day-night doubleheader Saturday.
AP Sports Writer Mike Fitzpatrick contributed to this report from New York.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Obama unveils new $600 billion jobs initiative
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- EDITORIAL: Got (raw) milk?
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.