- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Rangers get RHP Uehara from O’s for Hunter, Davis
Question of the Day
Frank Francisco, who had been a setup reliever for the Rangers, was traded during the offseason to Toronto for Mike Napoli.
Hunter injured his groin on the same day he was named to the Texas rotation the last week of spring training and started the season on the disabled list. He returned July 1 as a reliever, and had a 2.93 ERA in 15 1-3 innings over eight appearances.
Texas got Hunter in as a supplemental pick after the first round of the 2007 draft. He was 13-4 with a 3.73 ERA in 23 games (22 starts) for Texas last season, and started Game 4 of the World Series.
Davis, a fifth-round pick in 2006, was hitting .250 with three home runs and six RBIs in 28 games over three stints this season for Texas. He hit 24 home runs in 48 games at Triple-A Round Rock.
Uehara struck out two batters in a scoreless eighth inning against the New York Yankees on Friday night. He didn’t pitch in the first game of day-night doubleheader Saturday.
AP Sports Writer Mike Fitzpatrick contributed to this report from New York.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Driver who killed teen on bike sues family for $1.3 million
- Bill Maher blames Hamas for Gaza violence: 'Do you really expect the Israelis not to retaliate?'
- HUMPHRIES: 'Hes the Worst President in 70 Years'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq