- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
Conn. home owned by Katharine Hepburn up for sale
OLD SAYBROOK, CONN. (AP) - Katharine Hepburn’s former home on Connecticut’s Long Island Sound is up for sale.
Owners have updated the house by combining rooms to create larger and more open spaces. The house had 21 rooms and nine bathrooms but has been reduced to 15 rooms and 7 1/2 bathrooms.
The estate is now on the market for $28 million. The house, on the largest of three lots, can be purchased separately for $18 million.
Seven years ago, the property sold for $6 million.
The Academy Award-winning actress retired to the home and lived there until her death in 2003 at age 96. The feminist icon won four Oscars and received 12 nominations over her 60-year career.
Information from: The Hartford Courant, http://www.courant.com
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns' to pitch Obamacare
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Hard-fought congressional election in Florida is seen as a bellwether
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again