- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Music mogul honors celebs at charity fundraiser
The couple hosted the fundraiser Saturday night to benefit Art for Life, a charity that supports arts programs for inner-city kids.
“We started this together 12 years ago,” Lee Simmons said. “I hosted it every year forever and then I had to turn over the duties, and now we are back as a family and we are so excited. It is a great night.”
“It seems like a banner year, and that is really how you measure it,” Simmons said of the fundraising efforts, which totaled more than $1 million before the event.
During the gala, Norton took to the microphone to express why he supports the cause.
“When you don’t invest in the inventors of tomorrow, the economist of tomorrow, the doctors of tomorrow won’t emerge because you haven’t taught people to think in their individual creative ways,” he said. “Creativity fuels everything that makes America dynamic.”
Guests were later entertained by Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson, who performed three songs. They also had the opportunity to bid on a variety of items, including artwork and a chance to meet Justin Timberlake.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again