- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Major teachers union endorses Obama’s re-election
CHICAGO — The nation’s largest education union has endorsed President Obama’s 2012 re-election campaign.
The famously verbose veep was to send his first-ever tweet Monday, a Fourth of July message from himself and wife Jill Biden asking Americans to take time in the day to think of U.S. troops and military families.
Given his gift for gab - not to mention gaffes - Mr. Biden might seem an unlikely candidate to say it in 140 characters or less. Not to worry - like most politicians’ tweets, Mr. Biden’s will be staff-written.
It’s part of the White House’s growing focus on social media. The White House regularly communicates via Twitter, as does President Obama’s re-election campaign. Mr. Obama has told supporters he’ll personally author some of the campaign tweets.
Obama taps Olson as new counterterror chief
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Afghanistan, heads to Africa
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.