- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
Question of the Day
Major teachers union endorses Obama’s re-election
CHICAGO — The nation’s largest education union has endorsed President Obama’s 2012 re-election campaign.
The famously verbose veep was to send his first-ever tweet Monday, a Fourth of July message from himself and wife Jill Biden asking Americans to take time in the day to think of U.S. troops and military families.
Given his gift for gab - not to mention gaffes - Mr. Biden might seem an unlikely candidate to say it in 140 characters or less. Not to worry - like most politicians’ tweets, Mr. Biden’s will be staff-written.
It’s part of the White House’s growing focus on social media. The White House regularly communicates via Twitter, as does President Obama’s re-election campaign. Mr. Obama has told supporters he’ll personally author some of the campaign tweets.
Obama taps Olson as new counterterror chief
TWT Video Picks
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world