- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Tuning In to TV
Charlie Sheen roast set for Comedy Central
There should be no shortage of material.
According to the Associated Press, Comedy Central said Tuesday that Charlie Sheen has agreed to be the subject of its next celebrity roast. It will be taped in Los Angeles and air on Sept. 19.
That also happens to be the same night Ashton Kutcher debuts as Mr. Sheen’s replacement in the CBS comedy “Two and a Half Men.” Mr. Sheen was thrown off the show after his hard partying forced a production shutdown.
The two programs won’t compete directly. The Comedy Central roast is scheduled for 10 p.m., an hour after “Two and a Half Men” airs.
Mr. Sheen said: “You could say I’ve been providing kindling for this roast for a while. It’s time to light it up. It’s going to be epic.”
Mariah Carey may have larger role on ‘X Factor’
We’ve already heard word that Mariah Carey is expected to participate in the U.S. premiere season of Simon Cowell’s “The X Factor” in some capacity. Now, sources are saying that Miss Carey might stay on to mentor the contestants throughout the season, according to Entertainment Weekly.
A show insider told EW, “Mariah and Simon are great friends, and now [that] she has had her babies, it’s very possible that she will be involved [in] some way in the later stages of the show. She has always said she wanted to work with the show, so it’s something they will certainly be discussing ideas for soon.”
Mr. Cowell continues to express his desire for Miss Carey to join the show, telling press, “I think Mariah will have a role on the TV live shows. I met her recently and she was in great form. And her idea was to be the judge of the judges, which only Mariah could come up with.”
He added, “She’ll be involved in some form. I literally adore her. I love her to bits.”
Already on board to judge the talent competition is Pussycat Dolls front-woman Nicole Scherzinger, music mogul L.A. Reid, and Mr. Cowell’s former “American Idol” cohort Paula Abdul.
The show premieres Sept. 21 on Fox.
Chelsea Handler sitcom axes three cast members
“Are You There, Vodka? It’s Me Chelsea,” the much buzzed about NBC sitcom inspired by E!’s late-night talk show host, comedian Chelsea Handler, is undergoing a cast shakeup.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Richard Ivory, editor-in-chief of Hip Hop Republicans and HHR at Communities Digital News, turns his interests, and pen, to the people making news today.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow