- ‘Game of Thrones’ earns a leading 19 Emmy nods
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel should concede, live to fight another day
- Chelsea Clinton nabs $75K in speaking fees — same as Dick Cheney
- ‘Year of action’ not over: Obama has worked around Congress more than 40 times
- Rick Perry: Obama showed up after Hurricane Sandy, why not the Texas border?
- Alec Baldwin in talks to play Rob Ford-like mayor in new NBC drama
- Chinese hackers sought data on federal employees: report
- League City, Texas, votes 6-2 to ban processing of illegal kids
- Iraq tells U.N. that ‘terrorist groups’ have seized nuclear materials
- Houston dad suspected of shooting his 4 kids surrenders to police
Angels’ Walden to replace Rivera at All-Star game
Question of the Day
Major League Baseball announced Thursday that Walden will join the American League team because Rivera was an elected All-Star, meaning the next-highest ranking reliever in player balloting who was not already on the squad takes his place.
Rivera has soreness in his right arm and hasn’t pitched since Sunday, when he blew a save in the Yankees‘ 3-2 loss to the Mets. He said Thursday he is available for New York’s series opener against Tampa Bay, but won’t go to the All-Star game next week.
The hard-throwing Walden has 19 saves this season. He is 1-2 with a 2.95 ERA and has struck out 39 in 36 2-3 innings.
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Harry Reid lambasted by black conservatives after calling Justice Thomas white
- A series of missteps steers Obama's trip off course
- CURL: Obama turning millennials into Republicans
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener