- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama inherited a Democrat-made mess
Question of the Day
Kara Rowland’s recent blog posting “Obama adviser: ‘Of course’ he owns the economy” (Web, Blogs, Inside Politics, June 30) was well-written and factual, but it could have gone further.
First, President Obama did not inherit a recession - he got what the Democrat-controlled Congress in the last half of President George W. Bush’s second term allowed to foment, actually helping create our current financial mess.
If you look at wasteful spending on all the conflicts that have transpired under both presidents, the Obama administration has spent or wasted twice as much money in 2 1/2 years as Mr. Bush did in eight years. On top of that, it borrowed $900 billion to finance $1.2 trillion in unnecessary, unrealistic and certainly unfair policies and programs at the taxpayers’ and seniors’ expense.
Since President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Social Security Act in 1967, Democrats have been taking working Americans’ contributions to a program designed to assure the needy a pension. That year, it became a tax, and they put it in the general coffers and spent it as fast as they could.
Give me liberty or give me death, but do not give me Mr. Obama and his cronies’ nonsense anymore.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Illegal aliens are proud and loud now with their demands
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages