- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
Jaycee Dugard describing her life in captivity
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Jaycee Dugard, the California woman who was kidnapped as a girl by a convicted sex predator and held captive for nearly two decades, is talking about her years in captivity.
Dugard was kidnapped from South Lake Tahoe in 1991, then sexually abused for 18 years by Phillip and Nancy Garrido. During her years living in the Garridos’ backyard in the eastern San Francisco Bay area city of Antioch, she gave birth to two daughters by Phillip Garrido.
Now 31-years-old, Dugard says the birth was “painful.” But she also says she “felt like I wasn’t alone anymore.”
The full ABC interview will air on “Primetime” Sunday night. Her book, “A Stolen Life,” officially goes on sale next week.
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- PRUDEN: Sink sank own campaign in Florida special election
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- U.S.: Malaysia plane's on-board communications purposely shut down
- EDITORIAL: Lois Lerner's dilemma
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again