- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Child death in Montgomery Co. now ruled homicide
Question of the Day
The death Tuesday of 12-year-old Montgomery County girl has now been ruled a homicide by the Montgomery County Police Department.
The victim, Jessica Nguyen, found dead at about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday inside her Gaithersburg home, in the 700 block of Raven Avenue Gaithersburg. Police said Wednesday they were called to the home for a report of a child injury. Nguyen suffered “trauma to her upper body,” Montgomery police said.
Detectives are continuing to investigate her death, and police declined to provide further details about the circumstances. Police asked anyone with information about the homicide to call the Montgomery County Police Department’s Major Crimes Division at 240-773-5070.
This is the 8th criminal homicide reported in Montgomery County this year, said police spokeswoman Officer Amy Daum.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Term limits still in question after 22 years in Prince George's County
- ACLU slams Gray on issues of transparency
- D.C. police quietly prepping for change in law on marijuana
- Council overrides mayor's veto of fiscal 2015 budget
- 3 killed, 4 wounded Sunday in three D.C. shootings
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq