- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
NBA Finals: If Mavs win, what will Cuban say?
A large German flag was being waved behind the basket as Dirk Nowitzki was shooting at during pregame warmups, and plenty of fans are wearing his jerseys in the seats.
Mavericks franchise founder Donald Carter and his wife, Linda, a former high school basketball player who inspired him to bring the NBA to Dallas, were among the fans in the stands. He was of course wearing the white cowboy hat that was part of the club’s original logo. He still owns a portion of the club.
The blue might not stand out as much once the rest of Miami’s late-arriving fans show up. But some of them might be surprised to find themselves sitting next to someone dressed in blue.
Follow Brian Mahoney on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/Briancmahoney
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.