- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Stanley Cup: Bruins up 5-1 in 3rd period
Question of the Day
An update on the Mason Raymond injury.
Well, sort of.
The NHL has disclosed that Raymond suffered an “undisclosed injury” and was taken to a hospital for observation.
Here’s hoping that Raymond’s OK.
Here’s also hoping that the league someday shows as much concern for its players’ injuries as it does about keeping them secret.
You can’t blame the Canucks if they’re starting to think it just isn’t their night.
Vancouver had its best scoring chance of the game when Jannik Hansen got behind the defense for a breakaway, with no one between him and Tim Thomas. Hansen skated in and got the goalie to commit, but he couldn’t stuff the puck into the goal as Thomas sprawled onto the ice and got a pad in front of it.
That was with less than a minute to play in the first period. The teams are off the ice now, and the Bruins lead 4-0 after one.
That third Boston score was a power play goal _ the Bruins’ second in 26 chances in the Stanley Cup finals. For those of you new to hockey, that’s downright pathetic.
It hasn’t been much better in the rest of the playoffs. Boston entered Game 6 with just eight goals in 82 power plays over the previous 23 playoff games _ ranked 14th of the 16 playoff teams. (The only teams worse were the Rangers and Penguins, both first-round losers.)
For the record, Vancouver has three goals in the finals on 14 power plays coming into the night.
Nothing to brag about, either.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi formerly a U.S. captive
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Economists see signs of another market bubble
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs