- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
U.S. Open predictions
Picking Mickelson: “I think the course is going to fit him pretty well. And it might be his turn to win the Open.”
Greg Scott, Army Navy Country Club
Picking McIlroy: “I think he’s going to break through, and I think he’s going to win a bunch of them when he finally breaks through.”
Tom Melideo, International Country Club
Picking Choi: “He plays tough courses very well. He hits a lot of fairways and greens, he won Tiger’s tournament there, and I think he’s due to win a major.”
Dennis O’Donovan, Robert Trent Jones Golf Club
Picking Stricker: “He’s just so solid. He’s probably the best putter out there at the moment. He keeps it in play and has a great short game; he’s got all the tools and he doesn’t get rattled.”
Ted Pogorelc, Bethesda Country Club
Picking Stricker: “I grew up playing junior golf against Stricker and he won at the Memorial; Choi’s having a great season, and he’s won at Congressional before; and Matt Kuchar just plays well week-in and week-out.”
Matt Gallagher, Country Club of Fairfax
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Harry Reid's visa pressure cooker
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Galaxy S4 owner claims Samsung tried to silence him after phone caught fire
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A column dedicated to discussing politics, national security, civil liberties, and education.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
The “Silver Tsunami” created by aging Baby Boomers is hitting America. Let’s explore how we adjust to it, enjoy it and defy negative expectations about age.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow