- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Mavs’ Stevenson arrested for public intoxication
Police in suburban Irving say Stevenson was arrested Tuesday night after reports of an intoxicated person walking through the grounds of an apartment complex. Police say Stevenson didn’t know where he was and he was arrested after field sobriety tests.
Stevenson will be a free agent this summer.
A 10-year veteran, Stevenson played a key role for the Mavericks as they won their first NBA title against Miami. He started every playoff game until the final three of the finals. Coming off the bench, he provided tenacious defense and outside scoring as Dallas won each of those games.
In the clinching Game 6, Stevenson made three 3-pointers during a pivotal stretch in the first half. He also was in the middle of a skirmish that resulted in three technical fouls, one on him and two against the Heat.
“His toughness and grit was a big part of our team and who we were,” coach Rick Carlisle said Tuesday.
Stevenson is a colorful character, perhaps best known for tattoos covering nearly his entire body, including his face and neck. He’s also often made provocative comments about LeBron James, such as saying he “checked out” late in Game 4.
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Warren Buffett's son to spend $23.7 million in effort to save South African rhinos
- Military families would take a $5,000 hit in benefits with Obama budget
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again