- Obama pitches to middle class with overtime pay action
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee claims Constitution is 400 years old
- Unemployment, job creation top biggest problems in America: poll
- Twitter crashes for second time in nine days
- Charles Manson associate Bruce Davis granted parole
- Israeli warplanes pound 29 Palestinian sites in Gaza: ‘Direct hits’ confirmed
- Eric Holder to give thumbs-up to drop jail time for drug offenders
- N.J. Gov. Chris Christie faces fire for Superstorm Sandy dollars: ‘Where’s the governor?’
- Pope Francis shakes Vatican Bank with ‘earthquake’ reforms
- White House: Obamacare didn’t matter in Florida special election
Father and son charged in tow truck driver’s killing
An Oxon Hill man and his son are being charged in connection with the killing of a tow truck driver last week, Prince George's County police said Thursday.
Andre Sanders, 40, of the 600 block of Audrey Lane in Oxon Hill, and Christopher Damon Sanders, 24, of the 1100 block of Allison Street in Northwest were arrested in the District on unrelated gun charges.
Prince George's County police said both men were extradited on Wednesday and were being held without bond.
They were charged with first-degree murder in the June 7 fatal shooting of Anton DeMichael Agurs, 43, of the 1700 block of Gould Street in Capitol Heights.
A passing motorist discovered Agurs lying in the roadway of an entrance to Oxon Hill Farm, just off the Capital Beltway at around 11:30 p.m. His tow truck was found nearby.
Both father and son were arrested June 8, according to D.C. court documents. Andre Sanders was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm and Christopher Sanders was charged with carrying a pistol without a license.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Independent Catania files paperwork for D.C. mayoral bid
- Gray comes out fighting accusations in fund scheme
- Gray holds cash advantage in D.C. mayor's race
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Prosecutors: Gray had firsthand knowledge of 'shadow campaign'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- Ukrainian PM accuses Putin of wanting war
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- Special ops forces wearing thin from high demand
- Military families would take a $5,000 hit in benefits with Obama budget
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Critics point to Obama's attempts to sell health care as no laughing matter
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again