- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Crawford, Youkilis leave game for Red Sox
Question of the Day
Crawford left the game after being hurt while reaching first base on an infield single just ahead of the throw from third baseman Casey McGehee. Boston manager Terry Francona and a trainer went out to check on the speedy left fielder, who held the back of his left leg above the knee.
He said he thought Crawford was hurt “when he kind of lurched for the bag at the end there. I didn’t ask him. He wasn’t feeling too good.”
Darnell McDonald pinch ran and took second on a walk to Marco Scutaro that loaded the bases. But J.D. Drew grounded out, ending the inning with the score tied at 2. McDonald stayed in the game in left field.
Crawford, who got off to a very slow start in his first season with Boston, is batting .243 with six homers, 31 RBIs and eight stolen bases.
Red Sox third baseman Kevin Youkilis also left, because of a stomach illness and was replaced by Drew Sutton in the top of the fifth.
“He didn’t feel too well,” Francona said.
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Our Choice: Individual responsibility and self-government or the abandonment of the American Revolution
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow