- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
Rockies’ Jimenez leaves with calf injury in sixth
Question of the Day
DENVER (AP) - Rockies starter Ubaldo Jimenez left Saturday night’s game against Detroit in the sixth inning because of a cramp in his right calf.
Jimenez gave up consecutive singles to Victor Martinez and Andy Dirks to start the sixth before signaling to the dugout he was having trouble. Trainer Keith Dugger and manager Jim Tracy went to the mound and after a brief discussion, Dugger led Jimenez off the field.
Tracy then summoned reliever Matt Lindstrom from the bullpen to replace Jimenez, who allowed three runs on eight hits in the abbreviated start. He walked two and struck out five.
Jimenez was on the disabled list during April because of a cuticle cut on his right thumb that prevented him from firmly gripping the ball when he was pitching.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq