- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
No explosives found on plane at Reagan National
Question of the Day
A woman was arrested in Ohio on Sunday after a bomb threat that grounded flights at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, FBI officials said.
FBI spokeswoman Lindsay Godwin said "allegations of a bomb aboard U.S. Airways Flight 2596 from Dayton, Ohio," prompted all flights at Reagan National to be grounded for about 20 minutes while authorities conducted an explosives sweep of the plane at a remote end of the airfield.
The plane completed its flight, since it was closer to Virginia than Ohio when the threat was received.
Ms. Godwin said no explosive device was found and the woman accused of making the threat was in custody in Ohio.
No further information was available about the woman on Sunday afternoon.
The flights that were delayed while officials made their search resumed normal schedules once the check was completed and the 44 passengers aboard the flight were interviewed.
Ms. Godwin said the FBI, Transportation Security Administration, Federal Aviation Administration and the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority were investigating the threat.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Higher Ground: 'Christian' Grey
- Priest abuse survivors group marks milestone
- Teen girl exorcised by priest, sends demonic text messages in response
- Obama nominates Rabbi David Saperstein as ambassador for religious freedom
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
- HUSAIN: Worlds grand ayatollahs rally behind Sistani
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors