- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
A year after near-miss, no Galarraga-Joyce reunion
There won’t ever be one, in fact, on a big league field while they’re both still active.
Major League Baseball put a rule into effect this season that Joyce cannot umpire any games in which Galarraga’s team plays. The edict came after Galarraga and Joyce co-authored a book about that infamous game in Detroit last June 2.
Galarraga was traded from Detroit to Arizona in the offseason. He went 3-4 with a 5.91 ERA in eight starts before the Diamondbacks sent him to Triple-A Reno last month.
MLB has previously put special rules into effect regarding particular umpires and players.
Umpire Jim Wolf is not allowed to work home plate in any game where his brother, Randy, currently with Milwaukee, is pitching. Jim Wolf can umpire games in which Randy’s team is playing.
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- Tracy Porter, Jason Hatcher, Darryl Sharpton set to join Redskins
- CURL: Calm down, conservatives: Obama's 'Two Ferns' bit was brilliant
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again