- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
- Coburn calls hiring of embattled background check firm ‘troubling’
- World Cup: It’s raining men in Brazil as women samba with visitors
- Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl captured in photo smiling with Taliban jihadist
- Germany demands ouster of U.S. spy chief
Tuning In to TV
Question of the Day
Mr. Moonves also confirmed CBS won’t bid for the Olympics next week. “It’s not going to be a cost-effective thing for us,” he said.
Asked about Netflix, Mr. Moonves reiterated that CBS views it as much more a friend than a foe. “We love Netflix,” he said and repeated a previous comment: “They are not the Antichrist.”
TV on Blu-ray: ‘True Blood’
The third season of HBO’s hit series “True Blood” (HBO Home Video, rated TV-MA, $79.98) arrives in the high-definition format to tempt adult vampire lovers with 12 episodes of the soap-operatic adventures of telepathic waitress Sookie Stackhouse and her fanged boyfriend, Bill Compton.
The story, tied to vampires joining the mainstream world thanks to the invention of an artificial blood supply, continues with brutish Bill being kidnapped by a pack of werewolves with his love in hot pursuit.
The Blu-ray extras are as great as the Cajun-twanged show itself. Most impressive is the enhanced viewing experience on every episode.
These companion resources, played during the shows, include flashbacks to previous episodes, picture-in-picture perspectives from the characters, and a stream of text facts, biographies, plot points and trivia.
A fifth disc delivers even more bonus content, including more than two hours of those character perspectives (not tethered to the episodes) and an interactive guide covering the citizens and visitors to Bon Temps, La.
- Joseph Szadkowski
* Compiled from staff, Web and wire reports.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Harry Reid lambasted by black conservatives after calling Justice Thomas white
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- Jesse Jackson hits Obama for putting immigrant children first
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener