- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- Pentagon: U.S. F-16 fighter jets to train with Poland near Ukraine
- Jerry Sandusky’s wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Ben Carson: America’s now ‘very much like Nazi Germany’
- Heroin found on N.J. toddler at day care
- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- CBO chief: Projected job loss numbers from minimum wage hike are fluid
- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
80-year-old McKeon is Marlins’ interim manager
“He is definitely going to light a fire under the guys over there if he does the same thing he did with us,” Pierre said. “He’s up in age, but I guess he can still move around enough to get out there every day. God bless him for even wanting to come back at 80 years old.”
After three successive winning seasons with Florida, McKeon retired as manager at age 74 in 2005. There had been a buzz for several years that he wanted to return to the dugout.
“I had a little siesta,” he said. “After I laid out for a year and a half or two years, I started to miss it.”
This is the second successive season Florida has changed managers in June. Rodriguez was a first-time major-league manager. In McKeon, the Marlins are going with experience _ lots of it.
“He has always been good with young kids, always. And they’ve got a young team,” Rangers manager Ron Washington said. “It will keep him energized. And as long as he can get to a cigar, he’ll be fine.”
AP Sports Writers Joe Kay in Cincinnati, Rick Gano in Chicago, Stephen Hawkins in Dallas and Colin Fly in Milwaukee contributed to this report.
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Female TSA officers say pat-down duty leads to workplace discrimination
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Special ops forces wearing thin from high demand
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again