- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
Question of the Day
Israel’s information minister, Yuli Edelstein, sent the request in an email to Steve Jobs, the chief executive of the American iPhone maker.
“Intifada” is the Arabic term for two violent uprisings against Israel over the past two decades. The free application encourages its followers to share opinions and organize protests against Israel.
It is linked to a website that, among other things, helped organize violent clashes with Israeli troops recently along Israel’s borders with Lebanon and Syria.
Study: Chrysler vehicles improve, but results vary
DETROIT — Chrysler Group LLC, operated by Italy’s Fiat SpA, has improved its vehicle lineup, but five of the U.S. automaker’s eight models tested by Consumer Reports remained “mediocre,” the magazine said Tuesday.
The Dodge Durango SUV and Charger sedan improved the most and both vehicles received “very good” marks. Both models were redesigned under Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne.
Testers were unimpressed with the Chrysler 200 sedan, the Dodge Avenger and Journey, and the Jeep Compass and Patriot, Consumer Reports said, adding that they scored at or near the bottom of their respective categories.
The Chrysler Town & Country scored well but fell short of the best minivans, the magazine said.
From wire dispatches and staff reports
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq