- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Engine problem causes flight to return to Atlanta
ATLANTA (AP) — An engine problem caused a Delta flight bound for Los Angeles to return to Atlanta shortly after taking off.
Delta spokeswoman Chris Kelly Singley said Flight 1323, with 174 passengers aboard, landed safely early Tuesday and emergency vehicles assisted once the Boeing 757 was on the ground. She said another plane was provided and passengers resumed their trip.
She said Delta's maintenance department still was analyzing the engine problem Tuesday afternoon.
A passenger said he saw the engine on fire, but Ms. Kelly Singley said the nature of the problem was not yet known, and she would not describe it as a fire.
Ms. Kelly Singley said three passengers were injured slightly while they were going down the plane's evacuation slides, but she said they had resumed their journey after being treated.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Eric Cantor rejects latest Obama immigration outreach
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.