- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Firefighter OK after fall in Bowie house blaze
A Prince George's County firefighter was treated and released from an area hospital after he fell through a partially collapsed floor while fighting a house fire in Bowie, fire officials said.
The firefighter, who was not identified but is in his late 20s, was on the first floor of an unoccupied house in the 12600 block of Hillmeade Station Road on Monday evening when the floor partially collapsed and he "fell through a hole toward the basement," Prince George's County fire department spokesman Maj. Erroll George said.
No other injuries were reported.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Operation Homefront gives meals to military
- Early snowfall changes to sleet in D.C. area
- Alcohol a factor in fatal Montgomery County car crash: Police
- Blast of winter weather heads to D.C. area
- Va. attorney general vote recount, some by hand, to get started Dec. 16
Latest Blog Entries
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Mike Shanahan says he'd like to return; RG3 might be benched
- HARRIS: Redskins left in limbo over $7 million question
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow