You are currently viewing the printable version of this article, to return to the normal page, please click here.

Firefighter OK after fall in Bowie house blaze

- The Washington Times - Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Prince George's County firefighter was treated and released from an area hospital after he fell through a partially collapsed floor while fighting a house fire in Bowie, fire officials said.

The firefighter, who was not identified but is in his late 20s, was on the first floor of an unoccupied house in the 12600 block of Hillmeade Station Road on Monday evening when the floor partially collapsed and he "fell through a hole toward the basement," Prince George's County fire department spokesman Maj. Erroll George said.

No other injuries were reported.

© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.