- ‘Game of Thrones’ earns a leading 19 Emmy nods
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel should concede, live to fight another day
- Chelsea Clinton nabs $75K in speaking fees — same as Dick Cheney
- ‘Year of action’ not over: Obama has worked around Congress more than 40 times
- Rick Perry: Obama showed up after Hurricane Sandy, why not the Texas border?
- Alec Baldwin in talks to play Rob Ford-like mayor in new NBC drama
- Chinese hackers sought data on federal employees: report
- League City, Texas, votes 6-2 to ban processing of illegal kids
- Iraq tells U.N. that ‘terrorist groups’ have seized nuclear materials
- Houston dad suspected of shooting his 4 kids surrenders to police
Henry Paulson writing book on US-China relations
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Former U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson is writing a new book about the relationship between the United States and China.
Paulson’s book will look back at his experience working with China while Treasury Secretary and as CEO of the investment bank Goldman Sachs. Paulson’s first book was “On the Brink: Inside the Race to Stop the Collapse of the Global Financial System,” his account of the 2008 financial crisis.
Under President George W. Bush, Paulson led the administration’s effort to contain the crisis. He helped broker a takeover of Bear Stearns and the sale of Merrill Lynch. Paulson also pushed Congress to approve the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program.
Business Plus, an imprint of Grand Central Publishing, has scheduled the book for release in the winter of 2013.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Harry Reid lambasted by black conservatives after calling Justice Thomas white
- A series of missteps steers Obama's trip off course
- CURL: Obama turning millennials into Republicans
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener